Monday, August 09, 2010

Back On The Market

Yep, I'm out of a job again.

It's so ironic. The last time I went to Europe I lost my job right after I returned and the same thing happened this time around too. This time I'm determined to use the time off more productively. I'm also determined to enjoy myself more. It took me 6.5 months to find my last job and it could take longer to find the next one though so far all indications are that this isn't the case. We'll see. I'm still going to diligently search for a job but I've learned that finding a job in this economy is about being in the right place at the right time. You still have to work at it and get yourself out there so you can be in the right position when the opportunity comes but it's not going to happen until it happens so why stress?

Of course, I'm thinking of the usual things such as downsizing and wondering if I should do something else with my life. I'll be pondering that stuff like everyone does when they lose their jobs.

Most importantly, however, I'll be doing a whole hell of a lot of writing. Yippee! I'm so looking forward to all this extra time to work on my novel and short stories. Yay!

Thanks for reading and wish me luck.

1 comment:

anne said...

best of luck to you, MT! the good thing is that you know you have marketable skills... and now plenty of time to write!