Thursday, December 02, 2010

Completely Awesome Food

Well, this came about because I went to the Ferry Building today when I was hungry. Always a bad move. The Ferry Building houses very upscale food shops, some nice restaurants, and hosts what has to be the most impressive (and expensive) Farmer's Market in the City.


It started with the cheese. I just love Cowgirl Creamery and always visit whenever I'm in the building. Today's selections (clockwise from upper left): Appalachian - a semi-soft cow's milk with a mild buttery flavor and more than a hint of earthy mushroom. Redhawk - a triple cream soft cow's milk with a strong smell and an earthy, slightly tangy flavor. Landa - a mild, semi-firm buttery cow's milk cheese inspired by Caerphilly.

Next, house mixed olives, blanched almonds, and Medjool dates.

Round it out with my favorite crackers and some Safeway Salami I had laying around.

I popped open a lovely bottle of Syrah: blackberry, blueberry, dark cocoa powder, with a hint of bright raspberry in the medium length velvety finish. Gorgeous nose: sweet blueberry, like pie filling. I already had this in my wine fridge and so was able to cut down on the cost.

Last but not least: a few pieces of Recchiuti Dark Milk Chocolate. Not as good as fresh chocolate from Bruges but more than adequate.

All this should last me through the weekend. I hope.

No comments: