Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Huge Banquet

The wind blows rain against my window. The window rattles, cheap thing that it is. On some nights it rattles so hard I worry it will break or crack. Gray sky. It's a beautiful day.

I've been thinking lately about gender roles and shifts. It seems the longer I live here the more fluid these ideas become. It feels good, free even, to entertain ideas about how humans can and want to relate to each other.

I'm not relating to anyone at the moment. Not in a shifting, intertwining, curling capacity, that's for sure. I think about it a lot, and I'm surprised at what floats my boat. I think that's a good sign. It's better to be surprised, especially with yourself. You never know what you're capable of and what really fires you up unless you maintain an aura of openness and a commitment to exploration. Are we all destined to follow the same path? Can't there be some variations or even a lot of variations? Why restrict ourselves anyway? It's almost like putting yourself in jail when there's a wild party going on outside.

This huge banquet that's life is just sitting here waiting to be savored. Trying to break out of my own preconceived notions and ideas of what I will and won't do, what I want and don't want is the key to letting myself sit down and enjoy the feast. The first step is to get closer to the table and see what's there to try. Abundance is the rule not the exception.

Happy Feasting, Everyone. I hope you're all enjoying your Holiday.

No comments: